Title: Senior IT Director Data and Core Technology Services (Remote)
Location: Canton MA, Remote
Job ID: 2353BR
Job Description: We currently have an opportunity for a Senior IT Director Data and Core Technology Services to join our Corporate IT team in our Canton, MA office or remotely nationwide. Intact IT aims to become a co-pilot of the 2030 Global Specialty Lines ambition for our business areas – by sharp focus on business outcome, customers, efficient operation, and digital opportunities. The Senior IT Director Data and Core Technology services plays a critical role in ensuring IT reaches our ambition. You will carry critical responsibilities to develop a strategy that puts the customer and business in the center, bring our IT vision to life and ensure our operations are aligned to our ambition.
As the Senior IT Director Data and Core Technology, this role leads efforts in leveraging data, technology, and software development to drive business growth and transformation. This role will also foster a high-performing team, making a substantial impact on our business. As a collaborative, transparent, agile, and results-driven change maker, this position requires high levels of both strategic and analytical thinking. This position requires laser focus on value creation, customer/user experience, agile methodologies, digitalization, and driving this culture across the IT community. While a senior leader role, this position will also require a willingness to dive into the details.
Intact is a dynamic and respected leader in insurance, committed to delivering exceptional value to our clients and driving positive change in the industry. Our success is fueled by and a passionate team of professionals who are dedicated to making a lasting impact.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive data, technology, and software strategy aligned with the company’s overall business objectives.
- Identify emerging technologies and industry trends, including cloud transformation, that can provide a competitive advantage.
- Leads development of IT strategy for Data and Technology
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a talented team of data engineers, software developers, and technology professionals promoting best practices in execution and daily operations.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and creativity within the department.
- Responsible for full life cycle of employee performance management in collaboration with HR, actively engaging with direct reports throughout annual cycle, providing feedback and coaching.
Data and Analytics:
- Lead our data journey to provide actionable insights that drive informed decision-making.
- Progress our data foundation to be best in class for our needs.
- Lead the development and deployment of our software that enhance our products and services.
- Ensure software development processes are efficient, scalable, and aligned with best practices.
CoE within Robotic Process Automation (RPA), DevOps and Shared tools
- Drive the adoption of RPA solutions to automate routine processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Leverage DevOps principles and practices to enhance software delivery and infrastructure management.
- Work closely with other departments to oversee end-to-end customer journeys, optimizing value while balancing business outcomes and customer/user experiences.
- Understand the organization, its processes, and how technology strategically integrates, leading business process reengineering and large-scale IT deployment initiatives.
- Fiscal accountability including development and management of department’s budget, making smart choices for optimization.
- Strong track record of successfully leading teams, developing technology strategy tied to business outcome, driving transformation in data, analytics, software development and cloud.
- Deep knowledge of data analytics, data management, and modern technology trends.
- Strong experience managing large scale products/programs in a complex environment across multiple lines of business with achieved business outcome.
- Extensive leadership and change management experience with both line and matrix management through coaching, special advisor, and mentoring techniques
- Extensive knowledge and experience in software development, scrum development practices and Agile Portfolio Management.
- Success maintaining, influencing and owning relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Proven ability to prioritize, track, execute and deliver across large portfolios of $30M+
- Strong hands-on experience establishing and driving portfolio and project reporting, dashboards, value focused metrics (e.g., KPIs, OKRs) and forms.
- Proven change agent, persistent and determined while also viewed as strong team player, collaborator, and consensus builder.
- Strong financial management skills in multi-million dollar portfolios, building out annual forecasts and managing to actuals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities. Ability to coach as well as taking a hands-on approach.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master s degree required in computer science, data engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience (minimum of 3 years) in senior leadership roles, with at least 10 years of experience in data, technology management and software development.
- Experience working with a global team preferred.