Title: Instructional Designer – Remote
Location: New York NY; US
Job Category: Corporate Services
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
Opportunities with AbleTo, part of the Optum family of businesses, are focused on improving millions of lives through technology-enabled behavioral health care. Start a rewarding career where your work will bridge the gap between need and treatment. Join us in making care more accessible and affordable through convenient telehealth available in all 50 states. Be part of a team that’s driven by the passion we share for helping people get better and stay better. Help us make a meaningful and lasting impact while Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the development and implementation of learning strategies and tactics that facilitate the design, development, implementation, and delivery of learning and development. Create courses, job aids, resources, and tools needed to support learners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Work with subject matter experts to identify the target audience’s training needs
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Make appropriate business decisions and exercise independent decision-making
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of working experience in instructional design
- Experience with lesson and curriculum planning
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Proficiency with Google Suite applications and course authoring tools such as Articulate 360
- Proven ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio, and video scripts
- Experience working with behavioral health
- Experience with video editing and creation of training videos
- Proficient computer skills with an aptitude for learning and using multiple systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and use of independent judgment
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Proven excellent detail-orientation and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently adhering to deadlines and project plans
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts